Summer means switching up your beauty routine to spicy, sizzling colors, warm natural makeup tones, and employing tricks to keep makeup in place and skin looking it's glowing best. Blissoma's makeup artist Laurie has selected her favorite green beauty products for summer from our amazing indie beauty brands. You absolutely need these products in your bag to make it through your summer in nontoxic style.
Let's get started with Laurie's list!
1. Blissoma Amend - Amend is a lightweight anti-aging serum that supports your skin with sun damage repair and recovery. Easy-wearing under makeup or alone, this weightless antioxidant facial treatment contains herbal extracts and fruit seed oils that work together for daily use. Put it on in the morning before you head out to prep skin and prevent UV damage, and put it on at night to help skin regenerate while you sleep.
2. Blissoma Tone - Tone is a natural hydrating mist that provides a soothing drink of nutrients from balancing herbs, cucumber and flower extracts that revitalize and instantly cool your sun-parched skin. Keep on in your refrigerator for a refreshing treat for your face and body.
3. RMS Beauty "Un" Powder - This ultra-fine light reflective powder is an easy way to finish your light summer look. The virtually invisible powder minimizes pores, softens the skin and reduces shine by absorbing excess oil. Also available in tinted shades. This is a must if you want to keep sweaty shine at bay. One bonus is that the untinted version will match your skin no matter how tan you get - it goes on invisible and just mattifies the skin!
4. Couleur Caramel Ultra Shiny Lip Gloss in #808 - This pearly coral shade is perfect to highlight your summer glow. Rich in active plant extracts that protect the lips, this shimmery pigmented gloss is never sticky and nourishes your lips beautifully.
5. Vapour Solar Translucent Bronzers - These stunning natural mineral bronzers are vibrant, breathable, lightweight and never clog pores. The warm colors are never streaky, orange or muddy and are available in light, medium and deep shades. The easy to apply stick blends easily on bare skin or with foundation, and the naturally soothing and protecting infusions keep the skin smooth and nourished. The stick also makes it super easy to toss in your bag and go wherever you want to wander.
6. Aila Nail Lacquer Ginger - Treat your fingers and toes to a pop of fresh, nontoxic nail color. Ginger is a fiery yet soft and shiny nail lacquer that absolutely enhances your summer look. The highly pigmented bright pinky coral lacquer is gluten-free, vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free and contains no TPHP. This is one of the best summer nail polish colors around, and we have already sold a bunch to St. Louis locals, so you'll be seeing it around town!
7. Keys Solar Rx - This UVA-UVB Broad Spectrum moisturizer is a natural mineral sunscreen that provides a daily hydrating treat for face, neck and hands. Easy to apply, this moisturizer can also be used as a clear foundation as it gives an iridescent glow and finish to your skin. Helps reduce visible skin aging with its anti-aging properties.
We love Keys for face and body use when you need your sunscreen to be entirely invisible. No matter what skin color you have this goes on entirely invisibly. It is excellent for sensitive skin types. They do use nano technology and are proud to explain why nano is safe to use, as are we. Feel free to ask our staff if you have questions!
8. All Good Sport Sunscreen - Natural mineral sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 33 from Zinc Oxide to protect and prevent sunburn. Applies transparent, petroleum-free, non-greasy and coral reef safe. Simple, effective and clean sun protection.
We recommend the All Good natural mineral sunscreen primarily for body use since there may be a slight white tint still on some skin colors. The price cannot be beat though, meaning you don't have to be sparing or fret if the kids get into the tube. It's great for outdoor activities like hiking, gardening, tennis, kickball, and mornings at the farmer's market.
9. Intelligent Nutrients Pureserve Color Shield - This color-saving spray treatment locks in moisture, tames frizz and helps protect from environmental damage while improving hair health and manageability. The entire Intelligent Nutrients haircare Pureserve collection helps to extend hair color which can be challenged by sun and chlorine. When you're spending a lot of time and money on color services the last thing you want is to fade out quickly.
PRE-TREAT dry hair before shampooing for maximum color protection. Try the Pureserve shampoo and conditioner for additional protection for your mermaid colors.
10. Intelligent Nutrients Wave Spray - The next thing a mermaid needs is something to keep those locks in line. Wave spray is a sea salt hair styling spray that adds texture, enhances waves and lifts roots. Shine and strength are supported with amino acids and Quinoa protein, while Green Tea extract conditions without weighing hair down. Smells delicious, and leaves your beachy hair shiny and soft. This is way more than just sea salt and water, and the results show it!
We hope these natural beauty tips for summer will keep you feeling and looking your best. It's all about finding the right products that fit your lifestyle. Have fun out there and keep being green!